Coming back from home, where I spent the weekend with my family, attending my grandmother’s funeral, I was listening to my ipod with one song on repeat. The song was “Say what you need to say” by John Mayer. This song made me reflect on how much we have to say to our loved ones before they leave us.
For me, that chance has passed. I lost my grandmother, and all the things I wanted to say she can’t hear anymore. I wanted her to know that she will always be everything to me, that I am who I am today mostly because of her, and that she is and always will be my role model. I wanted to say that she was the light to my gray days; I wanted her to know how grateful I am for having her with me for 18 years, to thank her for always being there for me when I needed her most. Most importantly I wanted to thank her for being my best friend. I took time for granted, and all these words mean nothing now, she's gone. Although I know she's looking after me from heaven now, the pain of not having her physically here is unbearable. I know she knows I love her, I told her and showed her by actions how much I did, but it is never enough. Hearing things like these would have motivated her to keep fighting, to stay with me for longer. It comforts me to know she is in a good place.I know for a fact that heaven just got one hell of an angel.
I urge you to be kind to those around you, and to speak your heart out. Tell those important to you that you love them and that you're always there for them. Doing so will save you lots of pain and regret. Time flies by, and we often don't realize how we diminish the value on what is really important.

No comments:
Post a Comment